MHFT - Maintenance Human Factors Trainers Course
EASA regulations require all Part 145 maintenance organisations to implement a program of Maintenance Human Factors (MHF) training for all licensed engineers, managers and other personnel working in the aircraft maintenance environment. The Maintenance Human Factors Trainer course is ideal for participants who will be involved in the delivery of Human Factors Training programs within aviation maintenance organisations. The course covers the latest developments in MHF Training, Maintenance Error Management Systems, how to implement and maintain the organisation’s MHF program and meet regulatory requirements.
The course builds facilitation techniques which are crucial to delivering effective Human Factors training. The aim is to develop fully competent trainers who are comfortable developing Human Factors materials appropriate to the unique requirements of their organisation. The course programme fulfils the MHF training requirements of EASA, FAA, MAA RA1440 and major regulatory bodies worldwide.
In-person or Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) OptionsThe MHFT program is 5 days and is available in-person at our UK training centre or in-house at client's location, and also online via Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
ISO9001 CertifiedGlobal Air Training is an ISO9001 certified organisation. Certification to the ISO9001 standard demonstrates our ability to consistently meet customer and regulatory requirements.
"The knowledge and skill the instructor possessed were beyond impressive, orchestrating the teaching potential from all my fellow students of varied styles to produce confident and competent individuals, who I’ve no doubt will do on to great success in their respective fields."
- 5 days classroom training
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS)
- ISO9001 certified
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS) resources
- MHF Trainer's Manual
- PowerPoint presentations
- Investigation reports and studies
- Copyright permission for use of course materials within your organisation
- Certification on completion of course
- Courtesy transport from Manchester (MAN) or Liverpool (LPL) Airports
- Delivered at our well resourced training centre, not a hotel room!
- Courtesy daily transport from local hotels
- High quality refreshments and lunch on course training days
Maintenance Human Factors Course Program
- Role of facilitation in MHF
- Developing a professional presentation
- Delivering structured and effective feedback
- Authority requirements
- Threat and Error Management (TEM)
- Human error
- Defining and categorising error
- Error management strategies
- Case study
- Delegate practical delivery (workload management, leadership, stress, communication)
- Safety culture
- Case study
- Social psychology
- Group belonging and conformity
- Delegate practical delivery (situational awareness, decision making, teamwork, conflict)
- Engineering physical environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Information processing
- Performance influencing factors
- Nutrition, hydration and exercise
- Alcohol, medication and drugs
- Delegate final assessment presentations
- General synopsis