Aviation First Aid Trainers Course
Emergency situations can develop suddenly and with without warning. The aircrew’s knowledge of first aid, when correctly and efficiently applied, can be the difference between temporary or permanent injury, rapid recovery or long-term disability, and ultimately the difference between life and death of the casualty in some situations.
The Aviation First Aid Trainers course is designed for all personnel who will be involved in the delivery of first aid training for aircrew.
The course uses a range of teaching methods including classroom instruction, group discussion, simulation, and practical sessions.
Knowledge and skills are assessed through assessed instruction sessions and multiple choice exam.
The course package includes comprehensive courseware and copyright license for use of course materials for training staff employed by the client organisation.
Following the course the delegate will have the knowledge, skills and materials to:
During the course, the participants will learn how to conduct practical exercises and will be required to demonstrate competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) sequence using a training manikin. The course also includes use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) equipment.
This course is available at our training centre in the UK and can also be delivered as an in-company course for your organisation at your location.
- 4 days classroom training
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS)
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS) resources
- First Aid Trainer's Manual
- PowerPoint presentations
- Copyright permission for use of course materials within your organisation
- Certification on completion of course
- ISO9001 certified
- Courtesy transport from Manchester (MAN) or Liverpool (LPL) Airports
- Delivered at our well resourced training centre, not a hotel room!
- Courtesy daily transport from local hotels
- High quality refreshments and lunch on course training days
Sample Aviation First Aid Trainers Course Program
- Course introduction
- Instruction and facilitation techniques
- Developing a professional presentation
- Structured and effective feedback
- Aviation authority first aid regulatory requirements
- Principles of first aid
- Physiological effects of flying
- Infection, contamination, diseases
- Primary and secondary survey
- Recovery position
- Cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Chest compressions
- Artificial ventilation
- Chest compression only CPR
- Resuscitation in pregnancy
- Paediatric basic life support
- Automate External Defibrillation (AED)
- Choking - adult/child/infant
- Wounds and bleeding
- Eye injury
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Medical shock
- Delegate presentations
- Cardiac chest pain – angina/heart attack
- Anaphylactic shock
- Gastro-intestinal disturbances
- Delegate final assessment presentations
- Participant practical first aid scenario assessments
- General synopsis
Get more information on a bespoke course for your organisation
Aviation First Aid Trainer training is available at Global Training Centre, online and in-house. Enter your details below to receive more information on bespoke training for your organisation.