Aviation First Aid Trainers Course
In-flight medical emergency situations can develop suddenly and without warning. The aircrew’s knowledge and skills in first aid can mean the difference between temporary or permanent injury, or the difference between life and death.
The Aviation First Aid Trainers course is suitable for all those who will be delivering first aid training for aircrew. The course prepares participant for a training role and enables them to teach first aid procedures and ensure that crew are capable of responding effectively to a range of possible injuries and illnesses inflight and on the ground.
The course provides instruction on how to train aircrew in the most appropriate way of dealing with a first aid incident or emergency in the air, what actions to take prior to the emergency services arriving and what to do if an emergency occurs outside but in the vicinity of the aircraft, e.g. whilst boarding passengers or in the event of a crash. The course uses a range of teaching methods including classroom instruction, group discussion, simulation and practical sessions.
During the course the participants will learn how to conduct practical exercises and will be required to demonstrate competency in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) sequence using a training manikin. The course also includes use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) equipment.
Knowledge and skills are assessed through assessed instruction sessions and on the final day a written exam. The course package includes:
This course is available at our training centre in the UK and can also be delivered as an in-company course for your organisation at your location.
- 4 days classroom training
- Pre and post course access to GAT learning management system (LMS)
- Pre and post course access to GAT learning management system (LMS) resources
- HF Trainer's Manual
- PowerPoint presentations 2020
- Investigation reports and studies
- Copyright permission for use of course materials within your organisation
- Certification on completion of course
- ISO9001 certified
- Courtesy transport from Manchester (MAN) or Liverpool (LPL) Airports
- Delivered at our well resourced training centre, not a hotel room!
- Courtesy daily transport from local hotels
- High quality refreshments and lunch on course training days
HF Trainers Course Program
- Course introduction
- Instruction & facilitation techniques
- Developing a professional presentation
- Structured and effective feedback
- Aviation first aid regulatory requirements
- Principles of first aid
- Physiological effects of flying
- Infection, contamination, diseases
- Primary & secondary survey
- Recovery position
- Cardiac arrest
- Basic life support
- Chest compressions
- Artificial ventilation
- Chest compression only CPR
- Resuscitation in pregnancy
- Paediatric basic life support
- Choking - adult/child/infant
- Wounds and bleeding
- Eye injury
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Medical shock
- Delegate presentations
- Cardiac chest pain – angina/heart attack
- Anaphylactic shock
- Gastro-intestinal disturbances
- Delegate final assessment presentations
- General synopsis
Book Aviation First Aid Trainers course at Global Air Training
Healthcare Human Factors training is available at Global Training Centre, online and in-house. Book a forthcomming open course date at GLobal Air Training or enter your details below to receive more infomation on bespoke training for your organisation.
Get more infomation on a bespoke course for your organisation
Aviation First Aid Trainer training is available at Global Training Centre, online and in-house. Enter your details below to receive more infomation on bespoke training for your organisation.