Aviation First Aid Trainers Course
Are you looking to improve the safety and wellbeing of your aircrew in emergency situations? The Aviation First Aid Trainers course from Global Air Training provides the knowledge, skills, and materials to deliver effective and specific first aid training for all aircrew.
Emergency situations can develop without warning, making the aircrew's knowledge of first aid crucial. This course uses a range of teaching methods, including classroom instruction, group discussion, simulation, and practical sessions, to supply a comprehensive learning experience. Knowledge and skills are assessed through instruction sessions and a multiple-choice exam.
The course package includes comprehensive courseware and a copyright license for use of course materials for training staff employed by the client organisation. With this course, delegates will be able to develop first aid training that is specific to their organisation's requirements, integrate first aid training with their quality and safety management system, and enable their organisation's first aid training program to meet the requirements of EASA, CAA, and FAA.
Participants will learn how to conduct practical exercises and will be required to demonstrate competency in the Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) sequence using a training manikin. The course also includes the use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) equipment.
This course is suitable for all personnel involved in the delivery of first aid training for aircrew, including flight crew, cabin crew, operational staff, air traffic controllers, maintenance, and ground handling personnel. It is available at our training centre in the UK or can be delivered as an in-company course at your location. Join us in providing a safer and more efficient aviation industry.
- 4 days classroom training
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS)
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS) resources
- First Aid Trainer's Manual
- PowerPoint presentations
- Copyright permission for use of course materials within your organisation
- Certification on completion of course
- ISO9001 certified
- Courtesy transport from Manchester (MAN) or Liverpool (LPL) Airports
- Delivered at our well resourced training centre, not a hotel room!
- Courtesy daily transport from local hotels
- High quality refreshments and lunch on course training days
Sample Aviation First Aid Trainers Course Program
- Course introduction
- Instruction and facilitation techniques
- Developing a professional presentation
- Structured and effective feedback
- Aviation authority first aid regulatory requirements
- Principles of first aid
- Physiological effects of flying
- Infection, contamination, diseases
- Primary and secondary survey
- Recovery position
- Cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Chest compressions
- Artificial ventilation
- Chest compression only CPR
- Resuscitation in pregnancy
- Paediatric basic life support
- Automate External Defibrillation (AED)
- Choking - adult/child/infant
- Wounds and bleeding
- Eye injury
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Medical shock
- Delegate presentations
- Cardiac chest pain – angina/heart attack
- Anaphylactic shock
- Gastro-intestinal disturbances
- Delegate final assessment presentations
- Participant practical first aid scenario assessments
- General synopsis
Get more information on a bespoke course for your organisation
Aviation First Aid Trainer training is available at Global Training Centre, online and in-house. Enter your details below to receive more information on bespoke training for your organisation.