Human Factors in Healthcare Online Course
Global Air Training delivers a range of training courses for healthcare professionals derived from Crew Resources Management programmes developed in aviation. The aviation industry has long recognised that achieving safety in a complex environments requires crew members to receive specific training in non-technical skills, in addition to technical training.
Human Factors training in healthcare enhances clinical performance through an understanding of the effects of teamwork, tasks, equipment, workspace, culture and organisation on human behaviour in clinical settings.
This Human Factors Foundation course is available as an on-demand self-paced online programme - including video modules, and quizzes. The course provides a foundation to the understanding of Human Factors in the healthcare environment and how human error can affect patient safety. The training develops non-technical skills that complement technical competency and includes teamwork, situational awareness, decision making, communication and workload management. Human Factors training can assist healthcare staff to:
- Understand why we make errors.
- Understand how systems factors can threaten patient safety.
- Improve the safety culture of teams and organisations.
- Enhance teamwork and improve communication.
- Improve the design of healthcare systems.
- Identify ‘what went wrong’ and predict ‘what could go wrong’.
- Understand how Human Factors tools can reduce the likelihood of patient harm.
- Take a proactive approach to the avoidance, trapping and mitigation of errors.
On successful completion of this course GAT will issue Human Factors Course certification. The course completion time is approximately 12 learning hours.
Human Factors in Healthcare Online Course Program
- Introduction to Human Factors in Healthcare
- SHELL Model
- Human Error - Threat and Error Management
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Situational Awareness
- Information Processing
- Personality and Behaviour
- Management and Leadership
- Decision Making
- Organisational Culture
- Non-Technical Skills Assessment
To receive more information on Human Factors training for your organisation, enter your contact details below: