Hazard Identification and Risk Management Course
The Hazard Identification and Risk Management course is a 1-day programme, suitable for all personnel including managers and supervisors.
The objective of the training is to develop skills and knowledge in the identification and management of hazards that can contribute to unsafe operations. The training is interactive with input and discussion for all participants.
This course is available as in-company training; the syllabus content may be adjusted to suit the specific needs of the organisation.
Hazard Identification and Risk Management Course - Typical Program
- Hazards in your operation, significant injury or fatality hazards, the outcome of the risk, individuals/teams, public, company
- Responsibilities for hazard identification and risk management, safety leadership, roles, responsibilities, and accountability
- Risk mindset, SWARC model, risk normalisation
- Managing hazards and risks during operations, pre-planning, re-planning during the job, changes to the task, environment and people
- Effective communication and briefings, assumption/expectancy trap
- Human error and reliability - error overview and management, vulnerability (factors affecting us, reduction and management), deviations from standard operating procedures and protocols
- Monitoring - peer monitoring, distractions, promoting effective monitoring
- Intervention - when and how to intervene, effective and assertive communication, challenges faced when intervening, authority gradient and hierarchy, intervention model
- Case based examples
To receive more information on Human Factors training for your organisation, enter your contact details: